Twelve Rules for Loftus
1. The Church in America, for all its sins and accomplishments, is not much better or worse than any other church anywhere else at any other time.
2. Every church service should include a song that’s at least 300 years old, a song that’s at least 100 years old, and a song that’s less than 20 years old.
3. We’re a lot better off with cops than without them.
4. Getting married and having kids is a good norm.
5. You should watch less TV and read more books.
6. The more money you have, the more you should pay in taxes.
7. Living a good life in every sense of the word requires a lot of compromises between competing ethical principles.
8. Children should spend as much time playing outside as they can.
9. Children shouldn’t have or need smartphones. People who make things so that a smartphone is necessary for a child should be tarred and feathered.
10. You can, should, and must legislate morality.
11. Education is all about character formation and people who disagree shouldn’t be trusted.
12. You should have a daily quiet time.